Today marks an exciting day for fans of Disney and Universal because we are starting to see some movement towards reopening’s! Universal Orlando’s CityWalk opened several venues yesterday to guests with limited hours and Disney Springs opened some shops and dining today. Disney Springs will open some of the Disney owned stores and restaurants next Wednesday May 27th. Here are some things to expect with each opening.
Universal’s CityWalk has select dining open such as Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant and Market, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen and Voodoo Doughnut, just to name a few. Guests will also be able to shop at the Universal Studios Store and have some fun at Hollywood Drive-In Golf. The venues that are opening will be open from 4pm-10pm at this time. Temperature checks will be required as will face coverings. For a complete list of restaurant and store openings as well as Universal CityWalk’s full safety measure listing, please check out their website at universalorlando.com.
Disney Springs opened some of the third-party owned stores and restaurants today such as Basin, Pandora Jewelry, Pop Gallery, Ron Jon Surf Shop, Vera Bradly and more. Some of the restaurants open include Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza, Boathouse, Earl of Sandwich, Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co., Planet Hollywood, T-Rex, Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill as well as several other places. Next Wednesday, May 27th, Disney has announced that they will open some of their Disney owned places such as World of Disney and the Marketplace Co-Op as well as D-Luxe Burger. There are 6 key things that Disney would like guests visiting to know before they come to Disney Springs at this time.
- Parking will be limited to the Orange and Lime garages; no surface area parking will be available. Once these garages are full you will not be admitted, this includes guests with dining reservations as Disney Springs will be considered at maximum capacity at that time. In addition to the limited parking, only four entrances will open; Orange garage entrance, Lime garage entrance, Hotel Plaza Boulevard Pedestrian Bridge entrance and the rideshare location entrance.
- Temperature screenings will take place at these entrances. No one with a temperature of 100.4 or high will be admitted (nor will anyone in their party).
- Face coverings are required for ages 3 and up.
- Physical distancing rules apply. Disney has placed some barriers and distancing queues around Disney Springs to help.
- There will be reduced hours and no scheduled entertainment during this time.
- Disney has increased their focus on cleaning and sanitizing including adding hand washing and hand sanitizing stations throughout Disney Springs.
As of this posting, there has not been any announcements for the opening of resort and parks at either Universal Orlando or Walt Disney World. Be sure to follow me here, as well as my travel pages on Instagram and Facebook, to stay up to date on the latest news!